Re : The Only Thing I Know
Friday, November 12, 2010
Well,looks like there's this video going around about a guy who was addicted to gaming. It's worth a watch,go check it out at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKBRG_QgEAM&hd=1

All these talk about gaming really makes me think about myself. Do I priortise gaming over other things?

Let's be honest,I do that sometimes. When I go out with my other friends who have zero interest in arcade gaming,I still decide I have to go. Conflict of interest,but that's just one aspect. It's really complicated anyway. One who is interested in playing computer/lan games but not arcade? How now?
But socially speaking,what is arcade gaming to me? A place to play for "achievements" or with friends? It seems like I'm doing both at the same time,and maybe it's time to stop with the "achievements" and just enjoy what I do. Why do I even care about the number of 11s I clear,only to get irritated and moody because I didn't clear that number of 11s,or that ever elusive 九段? It's for fun,and it'll come eventually anyway. So it's time to shut up and stop forcing myself to do so. Socially speaking,I believe arcade gaming is more or less an excuse to get out of the house,to do almost the same thing with real people. More on this later.

I agree with what he says,and I guess it really applies to basically about anything,partying,relationships,gaming. Even eating. Eating too much can be bad.

Anything in excess is bad,really bad. Peter Chao's recent video about P.D.A is one indication. It's okay to me,to PDA,but not in the manner where you look like you just want to fuck the shit out of each other. That's gross. I see it so often in Singapore,especially those younger couples. Get a bedroom.

Partying is another one. Going clubbing,etc on a schoolday?
"Hey dude you coming tomorrow?"
"Nah I'm totally gonna get wasted tonight"
"What about projects?"
"Huh?"
Save that for the weekend.

Did I also mention that I lost a friend because he decided to "club moar" and because I refused many times,he probably felt that it wasn't necessary for us to be friends anymore. Of course there are many other factors in this,but this "clubbing" was the deciding factor I suppose.

Get fat,eat more. Bad for health.

Then there's arcade gaming,a good way to get out of the house and socialise while actively playing games. Is this a way to meet up with friends and people of the same interest or an excuse?

Outside of the arcade,how many people do I actually actively speak to about life? Not many. And some people are drifting away day by day,because the things important to them takes over,and our distance grows. It's sad,but this is reality. I would like to be important too,but what can someone like me do?

And of course,he tells us to get out and do something good. Something of value. But the word value is really subjective. What may be of value to me,may not even matter to you. But hey,what's value,really?

Value your friends and family before it's too late. Videogames to me is secondary,something I do in my freetime.

But what about anime?

 
Posted by Picasa